Monday, July 18, 2011

Black Tea

I long to sing your praise,
Mostly in the quiet morning hours...
Probably a habit left behind by the great man,
Sipping black tea,
Eyes closed, humming to himself,
A groggy good morning would fetch a nod,
Sometimes a wink,
The world with its worries and disappointments,
Didn’t weigh too heavily then,
The attempts to chat him up,
Almost always failed,
A finger to his lips and the forehead creased in devotion,
In surrender the day began,
I was a poor companion,
But, I now believe,
The company of God is all he sought,
The prayer of the heart,
Drowned in the soul stirring music,
He played every morning...

4 comments:

Someone is Special said...

Oh the great man have enjoyed his life....

Someone is Special

Ismita Tandon said...

Yup, my father did exactly that!

Chapters From My Life said...

You had a person in your life to inspire you there........ No wonder your poetry is beautiful.

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=68040

Ismita Tandon said...

@Farila, thank you so much! I am surounded by inspiring people :)

Share Buttons