Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Slice of Chocolate

I yearn for a slice of chocolate cake,
Oh, I could easily kill for it,
Rich in cream and sinful to taste,
If a river were to flow by my house,
I would sit by the river,
On the wet green grass,
And let the bitter-sweet flavour of cocoa,
Remind me of a time,
When the cake was much was more than a cake,
And how it would turn into the sweetest kiss,
With the cream running down my chin,
Deft fingers licking away at the crusty remains,
A deep fulfilling sigh would escape,
Ah, the simple pleasures of life,
That neither fate nor man can rob me of.

4 comments:

chitra said...

aww this one is yummy and nice :D

Someone is Special said...

yummy Ismita............. :-)

Simran said...

What a delicious post! :)

Ismita Tandon said...

@Chitra, thank you so much!

@Sispl :)

@ Simran, thnak you hon!

Share Buttons