Thursday, April 26, 2012

You, Who Watch Me

I am only beginning to know you,
Through the hot summer nights,
And the long, arid days,
The sweet sweat of your remembrance,
Plays like a song on my lips.

I do my little chores,
You follow me everywhere,
Even the food I cook,
Has a flavour of you,
I see you peeking through the laughing lines of a loved one,
 I know you love a crowd,
Days pass without a whisper from you,
My thirst knows no bounds,
It’s then I seek you out,
Wanting you all to myself,
In the nudeness of dusk,
When the lamp has just been lit,
 I find you watching me,
You, who watch me,
 Is who I am,
 I am because, you are...

3 comments:

Hemant said...

Good one...enough to stir one..
The last line....the bestest...

Lyn (chimra66) said...

I love this!

Ismita Tandon said...

@Hemant, thank you!

@Chimra, I am glad :)

Share Buttons